Saturday 5 January 2013

2 - 2
Partick Thistle
(HT 1 - 2)
Andreu (29)
McNulty (90)
Doolan (25)
Craig (32)

Livi twice stormed back from falling behind as they shared an enthralling 2-2 draw with early-season pace setters Partick Thistle at the Braidwood Motor Company Stadium.

The Jags took the lead on 25 minutes when Kris Doolan saw his shot rebound off Craig Barr and Andy McNeil before trickling over the line.

The Lions levelled within five minutes, though, with Tony Andreu sending a 20 yard shot fizzing into the bottom corner.

However the level scores lasted for just another two minutes, as Aaron Sinclair’s cross was met by Steven Craig – who made no mistake with his header from seven yards.

Livi nearly evened things up again before the break, but after a fine move down the left Callum Booth’s shot skipped over the bar.

In the second half Gareth Evans’ men went about looking for an equaliser – but against a Thistle side who remained dangerous throughout.

Marc McNulty’s low shot zipped wide, while both he and Jordan Morton tested Thistle keeper Greame Smith.

At the other end Craig was denied a second by a fine block from McNeil, before Morton smashed the bar for the Lions with a 25 yard free kick.

As the clock ticked down Sean Welsh headed off the woodwork for the visitors, after another header was cleared off the line by Booth.

Welsh then took out Jordan Morton and saw a second yellow card right on the 90th minute mark – and there was still time for the most dramatic of finales.

Livi passed out from the back as Tena teed up Scougall down the left wing, and the midfielder cut back for McNulty to spin and send a low shot into the bottom corner.

McNeil, McCann, C.Barr, Garcia Tena, Booth, Andreu, O'Brien, Fox (Mullen 66), I.Russell (Morton 57), McNulty, Scougall
Subs not used: Jamieson, Fordyce, McDonald

Partick Thistle:
Smith, Muirhead, Balatoni, Archibald, Sinclair, Forbes (Lawless 88), Paton, Bannigan, Doolan (Erskine 73), Welsh, Craig (McGuigan 81)
Subs not used: Fox, Murray

Referee: George Salmond

Official Attendance: 1,762

Match report: Calum Leslie
Pictures: Steven Carrie