Saturday 9 February 2013

2 - 3
(HT 2 - 2)
Morton (22)
I.Russell (45 pen)
Prunty (4)
Graham (23)
Agnew (69 pen)

Dumbarton inflicted Livingston’s first home league defeat since September last year, as they snatched the odd goal in five to head home with the three points.

The game got off to an explosive start for Ian Murray’s visitors, with Bryan Prunty’s opening goal coming in the form of a truly spectacular overhead kick.

Livi levelled on 22 minutes though, as Jordan Morton finished at the second time of asking after being set up by Iain Russell.

The parity didn’t last long, though – as Dumbarton went straight up the pitch to go back in front. After a loose ball squirmed free in the six yard box, Andy Graham stabbed home from a few yards.

It was two all before the break. Livi twice forced Jamie Ewings into fine saves but finally broke thorugh again when the keeper clattered Russell in the box.

The keeper looked set for punishment but escaped without even a yellow card, and the striker picked himself up to smash the ball high into the night.

Despite plenty Livi pressure in the second half – where they twice hit the post and sub Danny Mullen blasted into the side netting – it was the visiting team who took the win.

This time Prunty went down in the penalty area and after referee Paul Robertson pointed to the spot, it was Scott Agnew who kept his cool to score.

A late red card for Mark Gilhaney wasn’t enough to stop the Sons securing all three points.

GARETH EVANS: "It’s really frustrating. We had the better chances in the game but we didn’t end up winning. That’s the bottom line. Sometimes things aren’t in your own hands. We did lose a goal in the second half when we should never have lost a goal. Dumbarton have been good away from home, they’ve done well in their last three away from home and done the same here today. So good luck to them. I thought we passed the ball and played well but sometimes in not in your own hands."

McNeil, McCann, Booth, Garcia Tena, Barr, O'Brien, Andreu, Ky.Jacobs (Mullen 76), Morton (Gray 81), Scougall, I.Russell
Subs not used: Watson, R., Fordyce, Jamieson

Ewings (Grindlay 90), McGinn, Smith, Graham, Lithgow, Turner, Gilhaney, Agnew, Prunty (Creaney 82), Fleming, Lamont (Lister 61)
Subs not used: McCusker, Thomson

Referee: Paul Robertson

Official Attendance: 1.170

Match report: Calum Leslie
Pictures: Steven Carrie