Saturday 8 December 2012

Livingston 2 - 1 Dunfermline
(HT 0 - 0)
Garcia Tenna (65)
Mullen (90)

Barrowman (90 pen)

LIVINGSTON became the first side other than leaders Partick Thistle to inflict league defeat on Dunfermline this season – as goals from Jesus Garcia Tena and Danny Mullen were enough to see off the Pars, who pulled a goal back through Andy Barrowman.

The match came to life when Stefan Scougall burst free from the Dunfermline defence but was taken out by a swipe from Morris on the edge of the box.

Referee John Beaton flashed a red card and Liam Fox hit the bar from the resulting free kick, while at the other end Barrowman slid the ball wide from ten yards. 

Marc McNulty then contrived to miss the best chance of the half on 35 minutes, as he muscled into the box and rounded keeper Michal Hrivnak only to hit the bar from five yards.

Keaghan Jacobs collected the rebound before squaring to Scougall who fired over.

Tony Andreu, McNulty and Tena all saw efforts saved by Hrivnak before the break, while a Stephen Husband free kick tested Andy McNeil.

After the break Livi pressed for the opener, and they took the lead on 65 minutes when Tena collected to ball 30 yards out before launching a thunderous shot that flew past Hrivnak, into the bottom corner.

The home side secured the points with two minutes to go when Keaghan Jacobs teed up Mullen in the six yard box.

It was the youngster’s first goal for the club, and he was buried underneath a pile of bodies as his teammates celebrated what looked like the three points.

That did indeed turn out to be the case, but not before Barrowman’s penalty consolation and a red card for Craig Barr – despite it not being clear whether he or Callum Booth had caused Ryan Thomson to tumble in the box.

Nonetheless, Livi secured a win to make it five league games unbeaten, and grab fourth spot in the table.

McNeil, Ky.Jacobs (Booth 76), McCann, Garcia Tena, C.Barr, O'Brien, Andreu, Fox (Morton 60), McNulty, Scougall (Mullen 89), Kn.Jacobs
Subs not used: Fordyce, Jamieson

Hrivnak, McMillan, Dowie (Whittle 81), Morris, Jordan, Falkingham, Geggan, Husband, Cardle (Thomson 22), Dargo (Wallace 69), Barrowman
Subs not used: Goodfellow, Kirk

Referee: John Beaton

Official Attendance: 1,495

Match report: Calum Leslie
Pictures: Steven Carrie