Saturday 12 January 2013

2 - 1
Raith Rovers
(HT 1 - 1)
I.Russell (29)
Barr (49)
Graham (34)

Livingston managed to extend their unbeaten home run, and secure their first win of the season over Grant Murray’s Raith Rovers.

A 0-0 draw back in August might have left a lot to be desired, but this encounter raced into life and Livignston forced David McGurn into fine saves early on.

Brian Graham’s shot was then brilliantly turned over by Andy McNeil before the Lions took the lead. Marc McNulty’s lofted cross found Iain Russell, and he turned the ball home.

Livi were ahead for just five minutes though – as Graham scrambled home a corner.

Graham then smacked the bar on 38 minutes, and half time seemed to come at the wrong time for the visitors in a half where they’d struggled to stay in the game.

Livi came out to dominate the second half as well and took the lead after only four minutes of play. Jesus Garcia Tena went on a sensational run down the left flank, before cutting the ball back into the six yard box.

It found its way to fellow defender Barr by way of a deflection, and the big centre back kept his cool to slot the ball under David McGurn.

Jordan Morton almost made it three in the closing stages for Gareth Evans’ men, but his ferocious shot whipped wide of the left hand post.

GARETH EVANS: "Really delighted with the victory. I thought the first half we played particualryl well and we got the second goal at a time that allowed them to have a go at us and they gave us a really tough game in the second half. Even praise goes to the subs who came on and did very well. Delighted with the application with the players. Marc McNulty was struggling with his neck towards the end of the game and came off. It’s OK having games in hand but that’s only right if you win them. We’ll just keep going along, putting in performances and see where it takes us."

McNeil, McCann, Booth (Ky.Jacobs 70), Garcia Tena, Barr, O'Brien, Andreu, Fox, McNulty (Mullen 84), Scougall, I.Russell (Morton 64)
Subs not used: Fordyce, Jamieson

Raith Rovers:
McGurn, Thomson, Mensing, Hill, Malone, G.Anderson, Walker, S.Anderson (Hamill (80), Smith, Graham, Clarke (Spence 68)
Subs not used: Laidlaw, Ellis, Donaldson

Referee: Bobby Madden

Official Attendance: 1,424

Match report: Calum Leslie