Livingston Football Club wants to promote a good atmosphere at all home and away matches and have an Unacceptable Conduct policy in place. Livingston FC will not tolerate Unacceptable Conduct in any form and any individuals who are found to have engaged in Unacceptable Conduct may have an action taken against them.
This may include the removal of season tickets and bans from stadia for a specified period / or other appropriate actions. Unacceptable Conduct may also lead to criminal charges.
- Unacceptable Conduct is conduct which is violent or disorderly.
- Violent conduct includes any actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against any person, or intentional damage to property.
- Disorderly Conduct includes :-
- Conduct which incites / sustains, or is likely or designed to incite / sustain hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of
- Colour, race, nationality,(Including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin
- Membership, or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social cultural group with perceived religious affiliation
- Sexual orientation
- Transgender identity
- Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct
- Displaying writing or any other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting
Livingston FC will take all reasonable practicable steps to deter and prevent individuals from engaging in Unacceptable Conduct.
Where incidents of Unacceptable Conduct are reported or detected, stewards will, in the first instance, be tasked to take all reasonably practicable step to properly deal with the situation and bring the matter to a satisfactory conclusion.
Where, for reasons determined by the Safety Officer, it is not possible or practicable to directly intervene in an incident all reasonable steps will be taken to detect individuals engaged in unacceptable conduct.
This may include:
- Written or verbal information from stewards or members of the public
- Any information available from post match de-briefs
- Any other source of information available.
Where the incident of Unacceptable Conduct is not subject of a Police enquiry, the Club secretary may, where required, carry out any further enquiry necessary to bring the matter to a conclusion. This may involve preparing reports and making recommendations to the Board of Directors / Operational Committee of the club on any disciplinary action required to be taken against individuals and / or making recommendations within the Club to reduce and eradicate Unacceptable Conduct.
The subject of Unacceptable Conduct is closely monitored and the Club seeks the co-operation and support of all supporters in its efforts to reduce and eradicate such behaviour.
Livingston FC will not tolerate racist, sectarian, sexual or bigoted harassment or any other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal, and will work to ensure such actions are met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
The Club are committed to challenging and dismantling all forms of discrimination by developing club practice that is sensitive to all and suitable for all, reflecting fundamental quality and worth of everyone.
Alan Scott, Safety Officer
14 December, 2016 (Season 2016/17)