Paksi FC 1-0 Livingston

The Lions brought their Hungarian warm weather training to an end this afternoon with the second of two bounce games, this time against local opposition Paksi FC of the host country’s Nemzeti Bajnokság.

Having previously drawn with Slovakian side ŠKF Sereď, manager Gary Holt was once more in full experimental mode as he continued the assessment of his new charges.

In line with the experimental nature of the match, the opening stages saw each team probe the other as they sized each other up. The Lions looked comfortable on the ball, knocking it around well and testing the Paksi midfield.

Livi then stepped it up a gear with Trialist B making a great switch of play to find Scott Pittman. He in turn fed through to Raffa De Vita but his final effort did little to upset Paksi’s keeper.  Keaghan Jacobs was next on the attack as he swung in a cross for Lyndon Dykes, but the new signing just failed to connect with it.

Up the other end keeper Matija Sarkic was called into action as he pulled off a fine save to keep the scores level.

A short, but much needed water break was had after this, but from the restart Paksi broke upfield and took the lead with a neat finish.

This spurred Livi back into action: a flick-on from Dykes allowed Trialist B to get a shot away from distance, but his effort trundled just wide of the mark. Bartley, Jacobs and Pittman then linked up well to set-up De Vita, but the Hungarian stopper was equal to his attempt at goal.

The interval saw the predictable flurry of substitutions with Jacobs, De Vita, Lamie, Pittman and Sarkic all making way for Cece, Sibbald, Robinson, Trialist C and Stewart.

HT: Paksi FC 1-0 Livingston

Into the second half and Sibbald won a free kick on the edge of the box, but this resulted in Paksi making a quick counter attack which Trialist A brought to an end with a great challenge.  Robinson and Sibbald combined well in the middle of the Paksi box, but the latter’s shot was well held again by the keeper.

Another mass substitution found Erskine, Miller, Blues, Lawless, McMillan and Crawford replacing Dykes, Bartley, Trialist A, Trialist B, Lithgow and Devlin as the unrelenting heat began to take its toll on the pace of the game.

The last real effort saw a great ball from Robbie Crawford pick out Cameron Blues on the far side but he was just unable to get a cross over into the box for the waiting Lions.

A final change introduced Steve Lawson at the expense of Trialist C, but there was to be no further action of note as the Hungarian side claimed the single goal win.

Next up for Livi is a trip to St Andrews on Saturday where they’ll face Sky Bet EFL League One side Tranmere Rovers in the third friendly encounter of the season. Kick off is at 3pm.

Livi XI: Sarkic, Devlin, Lithgow, Lamie, Trialist A, Bartley, Jacobs, De Vita, Trialist B, Pittman, Dykes.
Subs: Cece, Sibbald, Robinson, Trialist C, Stewart, Erskine, Miller, Blues, Lawless, McMillan, Crawford, Lawson

Share this:

Comments are closed.