Our Premier Sports Cup group stage fixtures have now been confirmed for the 2021/22 campaign.
We’ll start with a trip to Glebe Park to take on Highland League side Brechin City on Saturday 10th July before hitting the road again the following weekend on Saturday 17th July to play Barry Ferguson’s Alloa Athletic.
Our only midweek tie will follow as we host Raith Rovers on Wednesday 21st July before rounding off the group with our second home fixture against Cowdenbeath where we’ll welcome former manager Gary Bollan back to The Tony Macaroni Arena.
To recap –
- Saturday 10th July – Brechin City (A) – 3pm
- Saturday 17th July – Alloa Athletic (A) – 3pm
- Wednesday 21st July – Raith Rovers (H) – 7.45pm
- Saturday 24th July – Cowdenbeath (H) – 3pm
This means that we sit out of the second round of group fixtures on Tuesday 13th July.
A reminder of the format – three points for a win and one point for a draw. Drawn matches in the group stage go straight to a penalty shoot-out, with the winners awarded a bonus point.
The eight group winners and three best runners-up qualify for the last 16, where they are joined by European entrants Rangers, Celtic, Hibernian, Aberdeen & St Johnstone
Should we progress, the knockout stage dates are as follows :
- Second round – Weekend of August 14/15
- Quarter-finals – Midweek of September 21-23
- Semi-finals – Weekend of November 20/21
- Final – Sunday December 19